Diabetes Action Canada Training and Mentoring Enabling Research Program is pleased to announce the 2019-20 awardees for the Patient-Oriented Research Inter-centre Trainee Internship Awards. Congratulation to the awardees who each received $10,000 for a period of one year!
The Patient-Oriented Research Inter-centre Trainee Internship Awards in Diabetes and its Complications promotes networking and optimal integration of trainees into Diabetes Action Canada and the Canadian diabetes research community. Investigators within our Network proposed collaborative projects conducted by trainees who will complete their training in a research centre outside the Investigator’s institution with a collaborating Diabetes Action Canada or other SPOR Network Investigator.
The awardees and their affiliations are as follows:
- Celia Laur – Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Women’s College Research Institute, Women’s College Hospital, Toronto
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Noah Ivers – Canada Research Chair in Implementation of Evidence-Based Practice, Women’s College Research Institute, Women’s College Hospital and University of Toronto
- Collaborator in another centre: Dr. Lauren Ball – Menzies Heath Institute, Queensland, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
- Heather Kewageshig – PhD, Faculty of Nursing, Collaborative Specialization in Indigenous Health, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
- Principal Investigators: Monica Parry – University of Toronto
- Collaborator in another centre: Marie-Claude Tremblay – Université Laval