We need your help!
Patients bring perspectives as experts from living with a condition or illness, including experiences with treatments and the health care system.
An important goal of Canada’s Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR) is to give people living with diabetes more of a voice in designing and implementing research projects. The ultimate objective is to maximize the benefits of research for people living with diabetes.
Patient-oriented research is aimed at achieving benefits that matter to patients:
- Improved health
- Improved access to the health care system
- The right treatment at the right time
- Being an active and informed partner in health care
- Better quality of life
- Making a contribution at improving the cost effectiveness of the health care system
Persons that meet one or more of the eligibility criteria can become Patient Partners of the Network:
- You are living with diabetes of any type (type 1, type 2, pre-diabetes, etc.)
- You care for someone living with diabetes of any type
We aim to have Patient Partners from a variety of backgrounds so that research in our network can serve all people with diabetes. We are often looking specifically for people in one or more of these groups:
- You moved to Canada and you care about the realities of living with diabetes as an immigrant
- You are Indigenous and are living with diabetes of any type
- You are living in a remote community with diabetes of any type
There are two ways to be actively involved:
- Join a Patient Circle! You will participate in discussions approximately once a month pertaining to research projects and strategic goals of the Network.
- Get involved in a research team! Researchers need your feedback to make sure research projects are relevant for people living with diabetes.
For more information please contact our Patient Engagement Coordinator Olivia Drescher at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Information on our Patient Compensation Policy please Click HERE
For Information on SPOR Network Directors Task Force -Patient Engagement Compensation Policy Please Click HERE