Publications of Note
Diabetes Action Canada’s research teams have had their research findings published in multiple peer-reviewed publications. A selection of these publications is listed below.
- Haidar, A., Lovblom, L.E., Cardinez, N. et al. Empagliflozin add-on therapy to closed-loop insulin delivery in type 1 diabetes: a 2 × 2 factorial randomized crossover trial. Nat Med 28, 1269–1276 (2022).
- Goyal, S. et al. (2017). A Mobile App for the Self-Management of Type 1 Diabetes Among Adolescents: A Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR mHealth and uHealth, 5(6), e82.
- Day, S. et al. (2017). Essential metrics for assessing sex & gender integration in health research proposals involving human participants. PloS One, 12(8), e0182812.
- Dogba, M. J. et al. (2018). Diabetes-related complications: Which research topics matter to diverse patients and caregivers? Health Expectations : An International Journal of Public Participation in Health Care and Health Policy, 21(2), 549–559
- Ben Charif, A. et al. (2018). Assessment of scalability of evidence-based innovations in community-based primary health care: a cross-sectional study. CMAJ open, 6(4), E520–E527.
- Willison, D. J. et al. (2019). Participatory governance over research in an academic research network: the case of Diabetes Action Canada. BMJ open, 9(4), e026828.
- Day, S. et al. (2019). Measuring the data gap: inclusion of sex and gender reporting in diabetes research. Research integrity and peer review, 4, 9.
- Klaprat, N. et al. (2019). Gaps in Knowledge and the Need for Patient-Partners in Research Related to Physical Activity and Type 1 Diabetes: A Narrative Review. Frontiers in endocrinology, 10, 42.
- Stanimirovic, A. et al. (2020). Tele-retina screening of diabetic retinopathy among at-risk populations: an economic analysis. Canadian journal of ophthalmology. Journal canadien d’ophtalmologie, 55(1 Suppl 1), 8–13.
- Weisman, A. et al. (2020). Validation of a type 1 diabetes algorithm using electronic medical records and administrative healthcare data to study the population incidence and prevalence of type 1 diabetes in Ontario, Canada. BMJ open diabetes research & care, 8(1), e001224.
- Klaprat, N. et al. (2020). Restructuring Clinical Trials in Type 1 Diabetes and Exercise in the Context of Adult Patient-Oriented Research: An Intervention Co-development Protocol. Canadian journal of diabetes, 44(8), 734–739.
- Tremblay, M. C. et al. (2020). Improving Cultural Safety of Diabetes Care in Indigenous Populations of Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United States: A Systematic Rapid Review. Canadian journal of diabetes, 44(7), 670–678.
- Ndjaboue, R. et al. (2020). Patients’ perspectives on how to improve diabetes care and self-management: qualitative study. BMJ Open, 10(4), e032762.
- Tremblay, M. C., et al. (2020). Engaging indigenous patient partners in patient-oriented research: lessons from a one-year initiative. Research involvement and engagement, 6, 44.
- Desroches, S. et al. (2021). Environmental Scan on Canadian Interactive Knowledge Translation Tools to Prevent Diabetes Complications in Patients With Diabetes. Canadian Journal of Diabetes, 45(2), 97–104.e2.
- van Allen, Z. et al. (2021). Barriers to and enablers of attendance at diabetic retinopathy screening experienced by immigrants to Canada from multiple cultural and linguistic minority groups. Diabetic Medicine: A journal of the British Diabetic Association, 38(4), e14429.
- L’Espérance, A. et al. (2021). Developing a Canadian evaluation framework for patient and public engagement in research: study protocol. Research Involvement and Engagement, 7(1), 10.
- Song, C et al. (2021). Impact of government-funded insulin pump programs on insulin pump use in Canada: a cross-sectional study using the National Diabetes Repository. BMJ Open Diabetes Research Care, 9(1), e002371.
- Bowen JM, Ouimet M, Lawarée J, Bielecki J, Rheaume A, Greenberg C, Rac V (2022). Describing the state of a research network: A mixed methods approach to network evaluation. Research Evaluation, rvac034,
- Lawarée J, Bowen JM, Dogba J, Rac VE, Ouimet M. Inter-individual relationships within a Canadian
SPOR research network: a social network study (2022). BMC Health Serv Res. 22(1):955.
- Kastner M, Makarski J, Seaton MB, Sedig K, Bélanger M, Carpentier AC, Gaudreau A, Lourido G, Murray M, Dainty KN. (2022). Training the Next Generation of Diabetes Researchers: Evaluation of
the Diabetes Action Canada Training and Mentoring Program. Can J Diabetes.46(8):776-788.
- Ploeg J, Markle-Reid M, Valaitis R, Fisher K, Ganann R, Blais J, Chambers T, Connors R, Gruneir A,Légaré F, MacIntyre J, Montelpare W, Paquette JS, Poitras ME, Riveroll A, Yous ML; ACHRU-CPP Research Team. The Aging, Community and Health Research Unit Community Partnership Program(ACHRU-CPP) for older adults with diabetes and multiple chronic conditions: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. BMC Geriatr. 2022 Feb 4;22(1):99.