The Steering Council
The Steering Council is the highest level of governance composed of 14 members, plus the chair and vice-chair. Over half of our Council are persons living with diabetes or patient representatives. The Co-Scientific Leads report to the Steering Council.
The Steering Council oversees all aspects of the workings of the Network. The terms of reference for the Steering Council are as follows:
1. Ensure that the Vision and Mission of the SPOR Network are fulfilled through a strategic, accountable, committed leadership and management functions;
2. Through the skill-based and partnership governance structure, create the highest quality oversight, communication, support and guidance for the conduct of the patient-oriented research goals using best (corporate) governance principles;
3. Promote strategic partnership relationships with core and new members (academic, public and private) of the SPOR Network with sensitivity to balancing gender, age, language (French, English) for project development, implementation and evaluation;
4. Manage conflict of interest through appropriate processes including necessary agreements established for all aspects of governance and research partnerships; and,
5. Work closely with Standing Committees to ensure collaborative governance to fulfill the objectives of DAC2.0.